On Friday, March 9th, Working Wardrobes and VetNet were proud to serve 100 Marines and Sailors at Camp Pendleton at their Men’s Power UP for Success event – featuring a full day of workforce readiness and employment preparation services. It was a remarkable event as both Working Wardrobes and VetNet staff and volunteers assisted service members who are six to twelve months away from transitioning into the civilian workforce.
Over 100 generous volunteers were on hand to serve in various roles, including personal shoppers, merchandisers, accessory assistants, along with dressing room and valet attendants!
A variety of services were provided to attendees that day, including:
- Power of Your Image workshop
- True Colors communication assessment
- Professional wardrobe services
- Employment Readiness Career Panel (employers included The Boeing Company, Waxie, Marine 4 Life, Get S.M.A.R.T Analytics)
- Workforce Readiness Services with TEKsystems (resume assistance and LinkedIn support)
- Massage therapy from American Institute of Massage Therapy
The day concluded with a fashion show finale. The service members were eager to show off their confidence and new attire! It was an incredible day.
“I come from a family of veterans and this is my way of honoring all of them. It is truly my pleasure to provide transition services for those that have served us. To witness the change in their confidence and demeanor as the day progressed was magical,” says Ashley Vlcan, Senior Manager of Career Success Institute/VetNet at Working Wardrobes.
One of the Marines remarked at the finale: “I worked today until 3 am and wondered if I could even get to this event. So glad I did – it’s been the best day of my life. And I can always sleep!”