“This movie is neither for the war or against it. It is 100% for the troops.” – Christopher Neff, Former Lance Corporal, USMC, Infantry OIF 2003-2005.
“I was blown away by Chris Martini’s “Trooper.” It stirred a myriad of emotions in me that, as a veteran, I haven’t felt before. It’s a powerful yet sensitive film that hits its mark like a freight train, then provocatively presses further on points about veterans easily overlooked. Viewers will identify with this story; it bridges the gap between two generations of military service. Every veteran — no — every American, should see this film.”
– LTC Raymond (Ray) Morris U.S. Army Special Forces (ret)
“A beautiful, heart-wrenching film that offers far more than empathy. It dares viewers to explore a disturbing corner of the Iraq War, a realm that no film has yet to touch: the blight of depleted uranium poisoning, which has infected thousands of Iraq veterans but is yet to be acknowledged by the Pentagon and is virtually unknown to the American public.”
– The Huffington Post – by Joshua Kors
Murphy O’Shea, an Iraq Veteran, has a hard time re-adjusting to society upon his return from a long tour. His world crumbles when he discovers his father, Bill, a Vietnam Veteran, is dying. “Trooper” is the story of a father and son, two veterans from two very different Wars, helping each other to get through each day, and heal the wounds of War.
Award-winning Director Christopher Martini and the filmmakers are thrilled to announce the theatrical release of Trooper, on Lackland Air Force Base on August 10th, at 12:30 and 4:00 pm. The film veterans say tells their story more honestly and accurately than ever before, dealing with what really happens to them, both on the front lines and when they return home. It’s a story of love and horror amidst the scandals reflected in the news across the nation every day.
Emotional and compelling, this long-awaited film has screened extensively for veteran groups and at film festivals across the country, winning multiple awards.
* Winner, Distinguished Film Award for both Writing and Directing, 2019 – U.S. Exercise Tiger Commemorative Foundation
* Winner, Christopher Martini, Renaissance Man Award, 2010 – Garden State Film Festival
* Winner, Bronze Remi, 2010 – Houston Int’l Film Festival
* Official Selection, 2010 – Philadelphia Independent Film Festival
* Honorable Mention, 2011 – Voice Awards
* Honorable Mention, 2010 – SoCal Film Festival
* Script Finalist, 2008 – Rome Independent Film Festival
* Top 15% at Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting.
• Diversity Film Festival – Tacoma, WA
• Garden State Film Festival – Asbury Park, NJ
• Gulf War Veterans Reunion – Dallas, TX
To stream, download or purchase the DVD for Trooper, visit Amazon, Vimeo On Demand vimeo.com/ondemand/trooper.